Monday, December 21, 2009

most wonderful time of the year!

So...it's the most wonderful time of the year!!!  

This Christmas season our church had the amazing opportunity to decorate the home of a sweet family who are getting back on their feet again. They have four kids, but only the two youngest were home while we decorated. Both are girls - they are precious and made the afternoon so much fun! One of them kept singing a Christmas song that went: "Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas, to Santa, to Santa!" it was pretty catchy! She would insert different things and people's names where Santa went, anything from frosty to deer to everyone working. Anyway, below are a few pictures from the afternoon: 

side view of the finished product:
front view of finished product:
group shot of everyone who was able to help out!

On a completely unrelated topic, I love buying and wrapping gifts for people. Wrapping is almost half of the fun. Below are some pics of my choice for wrapping goods. The black and white is the Christmas paper I used last year, I used matte red tulle for the ribbon and white sparkly snowflakes for the tags. The red paper is what I chose for this year, I am using sparkly green tulle for the ribbon and gold stars for the tags.
there is white sheer ribbon on this gift because it 
was for a December wedding shower the other day
example of this year's wrapping:


And the last unrelated topic of the night, I love the holidays because I get to spend time with my family! I've been blessed with a family that I actually enjoy spending time with, rather than dreading! We all get along great and know how to have fun together.

These are my two adorable cousins Jones and Laynie...
now that they've moved, hopefully I'll be able to see them a little more!!

Merry Christmas!!!
Don't forget the reason for the season!!! - Luke 2:1-20
leahmarie.

No comments: